Conyers First United Methodist Church
Conyers First is an East Metro Atlanta congregation of incredibly caring people graciously embracing the Christian faith and serving together to make a difference in our community and the world. We are known for our welcoming people, inspiring worship services, exciting children’s and youth ministries, and dynamic outreach missions locally and abroad. We desire to be a vibrant community growing and sharing Christ’s acceptance, love, hope, peace, and forgiveness with all people. Explore our website and join us for a Sunday worship service or community event soon!
At whatever entrance you come in, you will be welcomed by a volunteer from our hospitality team. They are available to greet you and answer any questions you may have. If you wish to attend the 9:30 A.M. Contemporary Service, they can direct you to the Fellowship Hall. If you wish to attend the 11:00 A.M. Traditional Worship Service they can direct you to the Sanctuary. Our greeters can also escort you to the Nursery & Children’s Department.
As a First Time Guest
You are invited to the Guest and Members Services Desk in the Lobby of the fellowship hall to receive a complimentary gift from one of our hospitality volunteers.
What about the kids?
We have a wonderful volunteer waiting to help check in your child and introduce you and your child to the kid’s area. You can find our check-in desk in the welcome area right outside of our worship space.
Our teachers are amazing at connecting with kids. We sing and dance to awesome songs. We play games and do crafts. We teach the bible in a fun and engaging way. Our curriculum, GO, has a new fun theme each month that is built around your child’s learning style.
During our 9:30 service, our Nursery and Children’s Ministry is available for infants through 5th grade.
During our 11:00 service, our Nursery is available for infants through 4 years old.
What is expected of me?
- First, we promise you won’t be embarrassed, singled out, or pressured to give money. So, relax and focus on experiencing worship.
- Be sure to pick up a Worship Folder as everything you’ll need to follow along with the service will be printed for you.
- If you would like, please fill out the tear-off Connect Card found inside your Worship Folder. At the close of the service, you’ll have an opportunity to respond to the message or submit a confidential prayer request by turning your card into an usher as you depart.
- We’ll be singing songs to express our love for God, and if you are in the Contemporary Service the words will be on the screen so you can sing along if you want to. If you are in a Traditional Service, we will sing from “The United Methodist Hymnal”.
- On any given Sunday we may share the Christian Sacraments of Holy Baptism or Holy Communion. We’ll be sure to explain what they mean and invite you to participate if you wish.
- Our Senior Minister will share a relevant, encouraging message from the Bible.
- We’ll be done in about an hour so you’ll be ready to go pick up your little ones, socialize in the Fellowship Hall, meet new friends for lunch, or just head home for that afternoon nap!
What should I wear?
Whatever you are comfortable in.
The most important thing is to feel comfortable in God’s presence.
The Traditional Services are more formal. Some may wear suits and dresses but most wear business casual. The presiding ministers, Acolytes, and Chancel Choir members vest in robes.
The Contemporary Service is much more casual. If you want to wear jeans and a golf shirt or a suit and tie, that’s great.